Future business leaders seeking career advancement have two prime options for an online Master of Business Administration at Longwood University.
Students who choose Longwood’s online General Business MBA track receive a firm grounding in basic concepts and develop the leadership and entrepreneurship skills necessary for success in today’s highly competitive business world.
Longwood also offers an online MBA with a Real Estate track that provides a foundation of basic business with a focus on evolving real estate concepts to give graduates a competitive edge.
Should You Earn an MBA?
According to Harvard Business Review, a general MBA offers three big benefits:
- Development of practical leadership and management skills as well as quantitative business skills
- A credential that signals your effort to improve and ability to rise to challenges
- The opportunity to build relationships in a learning community to gain access to an alumni network
An MBA with a real estate track also offers a significant advantage in a saturated industry. It can lead to a lucrative career in asset management, analysis, planning and project management.
Longwood’s MBA Degrees
The Longwood University online MBA – General Business track and online MBA – Real Estate track have many similarities. Both are offered by Longwood’s College of Business and Economics, which holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Moreover, both programs:
- Consist of 31 credit hours that can be completed in 10 months, with in-state tuition of $12,276.
- Offer a ready alternative to push your career while continuing with job and family responsibilities.
- Provide a firm foundation in basic concepts such as managerial accounting, economics and data management.
- Have the same admission requirements.
And then there are differences between the two.
- The General Business track focuses on foundation business concepts that enable you to effectively lead and make informed decisions. It also offers experience in running a business through use of a simulator. The Real Estate track focuses on foundation concepts in real estate, including market demand, financing and planning, and gives graduates an understanding of global, national, regional and local real estate markets.
- The online MBA – General Business track can lead to career opportunities such as chief executive officer, marketing director, financial analyst and business consultant. Graduates with the online MBA – Real Estate track degree may find a career as director of asset management, real estate investment analyst, real estate investment manager, and director of real estate and development.
Longwood alumna Christine Jordan: “Having spent my first 20 years in my career in the healthcare business, I often get asked what helped me take my role to a national level working for a Fortune 10 company. The answer is my recent graduation from Longwood’s MBA program.”
Learn more about Longwood University’s online MBA programs.