"Leverage your unique experience within the courses as best as you can."
In which online degree program do you teach?
KPMG – Audit – two years
IPG – General and Cost Accounting – two years
VT – Taught principles of accounting 13 times while in the Ph.D. program
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Articulate how cost management helps organizations meet their strategic goals by managing costs
2. Assign costs to production jobs or projects using different costing systems
3. Assign activity costs to goods and services
4. Build a basic cost-volume-profit (CVP) financial model
5. Use a cost-benefit approach to common business decisions
6. Describe the importance of ethical behavior for managers and managerial accountants
7. Demonstrate ethical reasoning in accounting
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
Come prepared for a fast-paced learning environment. Each class is only seven weeks, so it goes quick!
Leverage your unique experience within the courses as best as you can.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“Thinking, Fast and Slow” by Daniel Kahneman